Fremont School PTA exists because of volunteers. All events are planned and carried out by an army of volunteers. We need your help to make every event successful!
We have many areas of interests and your time commitment depends on what you are able to offer.
If you’d like to help, we can find something to fit all schedules…just talk to us! Listed below are our formal volunteer opportunities; what you don’t see is that for each event held we need volunteers for a few hours.
Take a look at our events that depend on volunteers and let us know what your volunteering interests are.
Need to know more about what we do before volunteering? Read on for descriptions…
- Book Fairs ~ PTA sponsors two book fairs per year. Students and their families are encouraged to attend the book fair and select fun and interesting books to enrich the students’ curriculum. Teachers are given an opportunity to choose books for their classroom wish lists. Many families choose to donate books to the classrooms in their child’s name. Various jobs are available. Volunteers work with the Book Fair Chairperson.
- Talent Show ~ PTA organizes a talent show held in the school auditorium
- Career Day ~ Career Day is an event for the entire school held during school hours. Professionals from a wide variety of careers volunteer their time to talk to students about their profession. Students can learn about possible careers and the educational requirements needed for those careers. Volunteer opportunities include setting up drinks and snacks, creating goody bags for our guests, greeting our guests, seeking professionals, managing logistics.
- Student Dances ~ PTA sponsors two dances a year. Students have an opportunity to spend a special couple hours to mingle in a fun environment with their peers. Volunteer opportunities may include chaperoning and assisting with the sale of snacks.
- Teacher Appreciation Week ~ In spring, Fremont PTA and families come together to celebrate and thank our teachers and staff. PTA plans activities throughout the week, and students show their appreciation for their teachers. Children are encouraged to share a special moment with their teachers and express gratitude for their hard work and dedication. We also honor all of the other hard-working staff members at Fremont School. Volunteer opportunities vary. Volunteers work closely with Teacher Appreciation chairperson.
- Movie Nights~ PTA hosts a few movie nights a year. Families are welcomed to enjoy a movie and dinner out on the school field. Volunteer opportunities include assisting with food and drink sales.
- School Fall Festival ~ The Fall Festival is a school festival. All grade levels have the opportunity to manage a food or game booth. PTA manages one booth for that day. Volunteers are needed to help man the PTA booth.